Saturday 3 March 2007

RFID option:market or legal regulation?

Leading RFID authours said here: http://www.rfidbuzz.com/news/2004/rfid_and_privacy_market_or_legal_regulation.html
that RFID should be self-regulated. Some said it should be regulated by legal means. It's pretty interesting to have learnt the different views: from the hat of consumer privacy, businessmen and civil liberties. The challenging question for RFID is how and when to draw the line between market and legal regulation? Until now, it remains a shady debate despite of the existing standards on spectrum, deregulation of RFID spectrum and white papers in the EU. The line is still blur.

1 comment:

Iz said...

Abg Noris,

found your blog while leading my lecturer's blog (panGloss). I was with you in Tan Sri Ahmad Ibrahim Legal Research Group when I was in my first year. It's Budi by the way.

I was in Edinburgh doing my LL.M (IT Law) from 2004 - 2005. Miss the city very much. now working with NISER.

Hope to come to BILETA this year. If possible, would love to spend some time in Edinburgh.

Hope to hear from you. email me at obiterdicta79@yahoo.com

thanks.