Wednesday 6 January 2010

The EU Data Protection Review - What's Next?

I have read, religiously, and between the lines on "The Review of EU Data Protection Law" - both the technical report and the summary report.

There are flows of anticipating questions emerged, as I was reading it. Nevertheless, I think, it's best to put the crux of the concerns at a later stage in my proposed written paper (or hopefully, a publication, by end of 2010). My impression after reading these reports are partly mixed. The positive and ambitious part was the timeframe taken by the commissioned Consultants in addressing the interviewees' responses, which I think, may lead to certain ideas - on who's who to approach in my research. The uncertain part is the effectiveness of post-report or review pursuant to the recommendations that have been put forward. Most, or largely, are all practicable and insightful constructive. I duly hope the national EU Member States have adopted, at least, some of it or at least, the minimum implementation.

Congratulations to the Consultants for the thorough works, in depth analysis, research, study and recommendations.

Note: In a related development, the work on The Future Of Privacy was released on December 2009. Special thanks to Hunton & Williams for the dissemination via their blog.

No comments: